My Buick is no longer supported -- can I sue GM?
masonc
2015-05-17 02:18:53 UTC
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
I have neither need nor desire to replace it.
At 94, it should serve me the rest of my life.

Now I hear that General Motors will no longer
support it. No replacement parts -- that I can
understand. But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.

Can I sue GM?
MasonC

---
Evan Platt
2015-05-17 13:26:06 UTC
No replacement parts -- that I can understand.
There will likely be non OEM parts available.
But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Go to a non dealer mechanic.
Kerr Mudd-John
2015-05-17 17:43:07 UTC
On Sun, 17 May 2015 14:26:06 +0100, Evan Platt
Post by Evan Platt
No replacement parts -- that I can understand.
There will likely be non OEM parts available.
But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Go to a non dealer mechanic.
Are you sure that the buick ran XP?
You probably need to upgrade your hardware.
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
s|b
2015-05-17 19:36:16 UTC
Post by masonc
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
Is that what trolls are driving these days?
s|b
Bill Cunningham
2015-05-23 01:39:58 UTC
Must be.
Bill Cunningham
2015-05-23 01:39:11 UTC
Post by masonc
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
I have neither need nor desire to replace it.
At 94, it should serve me the rest of my life.
Now I hear that General Motors will no longer
support it. No replacement parts -- that I can
understand. But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Can I sue GM?
MasonC
At 94 and nothing to do and you thibk you'll survive the trial go for
it.
masonc
NOTHING TO DO ????? HAH watch frontal-lobe.info
Shadow
2015-05-27 01:47:09 UTC
Post by masonc
Post by Bill Cunningham
Post by masonc
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
I have neither need nor desire to replace it.
At 94, it should serve me the rest of my life.
Now I hear that General Motors will no longer
support it. No replacement parts -- that I can
understand. But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Can I sue GM?
MasonC
At 94 and nothing to do and you thibk you'll survive the trial go for
it.
NOTHING TO DO ????? HAH watch frontal-lobe.info
Well, if you are really 94, gratZ.
You have very contradictory beliefs.....
;)
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Mort
2015-05-28 19:10:29 UTC
Post by masonc
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
I have neither need nor desire to replace it.
At 94, it should serve me the rest of my life.
Now I hear that General Motors will no longer
support it. No replacement parts -- that I can
understand. But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Can I sue GM?
MasonC
---
As has been said many times, in this country one can sue a ham sandwich.
Suing and winning are 2 different issues, especially when legal and
other fees are taken into the equation.

Of course, your post might be a tongue in cheek response.

Mort Linder

---
Evan Platt
2016-02-28 14:06:40 UTC
Post by masonc
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
I have neither need nor desire to replace it.
At 94, it should serve me the rest of my life.
Now I hear that General Motors will no longer
support it. No replacement parts -- that I can
understand. But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Certainly you can go to another mechanic.

And you can sue anyone for anything.
Yrrah
2016-02-28 17:42:06 UTC
Post by Evan Platt
Post by masonc
I drive an old Buick that is in excellent condition.
I have neither need nor desire to replace it.
At 94, it should serve me the rest of my life.
Now I hear that General Motors will no longer
support it. No replacement parts -- that I can
understand. But their mechanics will be prohibited
from working on it -- so as to force me to buy
another car.
Certainly you can go to another mechanic.
Man, that was quick. ;- )

Yrrah