Cannot delete folder....help?
trs80
2005-07-11 04:07:14 UTC
I have a particular folder on my desktop that I cannot delete.
When attempting to delete I recieve the error message:
" Cannot delete folder..: Cannot find specified file. Make sure you
specify the correct path and file name"

I have tried deleting while in Safe Mode with the same error message. I
have also performed a CHKDSK /F and am still unable to delete.
I am the admin on this PC also.

Any thoughts on how to delete this folder is appreciated.

thanks!
pcbutts1
thanks!
Damian
2005-07-11 15:19:27 UTC
Post by pcbutts1
Log in as another user with admin rights, navigate to that folder then
delete it.
<snicker>
And there you see it again, another fucktard idea that won't work from
pcbutthead.
thanks!
trs80
thanks!
relic
2005-07-11 18:49:15 UTC
Post by trs80
i tried as admin......no luck there
That's why Damian called him a Technovoodoo idiot. The file is actually gone
already, but you will still show it because the drive tables have the error.
Reformat.
--
The best live web video on the internet
http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
pcbutts1
thanks!
John Holmes
2005-07-11 19:44:31 UTC
Post by pcbutts1
Did you try as another user that has admin rights or just yourself who
has admin rights?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I don't hold your behavior against you because I realize it was caused by
childhood trauma; your parents spanked you when you fell on your head and
broke the cement.
Your mother was an artsy actress who flagellated herself in a prison cell.
sbb78247
2005-07-11 23:29:40 UTC
Post by John Holmes
Post by pcbutts1
Did you try as another user that has admin rights or just yourself
who has admin rights?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
I don't hold your behavior against you because I realize it was
caused by childhood trauma; your parents spanked you when you fell on
your head and broke the cement.
no man, it was caused by their uncontrolable laughter at what a fuckwit they
had raised
John Holmes
2005-07-12 17:31:49 UTC
Post by sbb78247
Post by John Holmes
Post by pcbutts1
Did you try as another user that has admin rights or just yourself
who has admin rights?
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
I don't hold your behavior against you because I realize it was
caused by childhood trauma; your parents spanked you when you fell on
your head and broke the cement.
no man, it was caused by their uncontrolable laughter at what a
fuckwit they had raised
That could be very true as well.
--
Your mother was an anorexic brute who made other ladies of the night
blush on an uninhabited island.
trs80
thanks!
pcbutts1
2005-07-12 00:07:49 UTC
Way too extreme but that's the kind of answer Relic gives. From the control
panel select user accounts and create another user. Give that user admin
rights then login as that user. When you navigate to that folder you should
be able to delete it.
thanks!
chrisv
2005-07-12 01:15:55 UTC
Post by pcbutts1
Way too extreme but that's the kind of answer Relic gives. From the
control panel select user accounts and create another user. Give that
user admin rights then login as that user. When you navigate to that
folder you should be able to delete it.
Want to put money on it working? He will end up formatting, or living with
it.
thanks!
Damian
2005-07-12 01:58:57 UTC
Post by chrisv
Post by pcbutts1
Way too extreme but that's the kind of answer Relic gives. From the
control panel select user accounts and create another user. Give that
user admin rights then login as that user. When you navigate to that
folder you should be able to delete it.
Want to put money on it working? He will end up formatting, or living
with it.
Anyone who follows pcbutthead's advice on this one will get what they
deserve. Pcbutthead is dead wrong... again.
pcbutts1
Kadaitcha Man
2005-07-12 04:23:40 UTC
Post by trs80
just me....Im the only user on the PC. reformatting the drive is
kinda of extreme dont ya think?
Not for pvcbutthead. Consider yourself lucky. His victims are usually first
told they have spyware. Format and reinstall comes after no spyware has been
found.