Epson 830U
Saxon
2009-11-14 08:04:59 UTC
Hi

Any one able to help with a printer problem. I have aa Epson 830U as a back
up printer. As it is quite old I have started using compatable cartridges.
Changed both black and colour cartridges but printer is not recognising
these cartridges. Don't think the cartridges are fault as I have tried 2
black and 2 colour. I have tried all the trouble shooting, rebooting,
disconnecting, pressing all the buttons. Any ideas?

TIA

Saxon
baynole2@yahoo.com
2009-11-14 15:26:09 UTC
Just an idea, but have you tried updating the drivers??
Saxon
2009-11-14 15:59:37 UTC
Many thanks for your reply. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer
and also tried updating the drivers. Nothing works. As I have tried two
black and three colour cartridges I doubt if they can all be faulty. Don't
really want to have to buy Epson Cartridges and this would cost me over £50
for the two and the printer is quite old.

I tried emailing Epson but they blame the cartridges!!
Nil
2009-11-14 17:55:04 UTC
Post by Saxon
Any one able to help with a printer problem. I have aa Epson 830U
as a back up printer. As it is quite old I have started using
compatable cartridges. Changed both black and colour cartridges
but printer is not recognising these cartridges. Don't think the
cartridges are fault as I have tried 2 black and 2 colour. I have
tried all the trouble shooting, rebooting, disconnecting, pressing
all the buttons. Any ideas?
Unfortunately, cheap (sometimes not-so-cheap) printers like this are
disposable items. In my experience, the manufacturer may spend minimal
effort troubleshooting while the printer is under warranty, but never
after. It's rarely practical to fix the mechanics, and the user can't
replace the electronics, so they become landfill fodder.

If I was desperate enough, I'd thoroughly clean the print heads and all
contact points with alcohol. The print heads can be easily damaged, so
you need accept that you could break it for good. I've revived a couple
of printers this way.

And try a set of official print cartridges. If they work and the
compatibles don't you'll know where the problem lies.
Saxon
2009-11-14 20:04:11 UTC
Hi Nil

I will try to clean the print heads with alcohol, I have nothing to lose.
It is a second printer which is quite old and the print was starting to go,
hence the reason for using cheap cartridges. Epson cartridges would cost me
over £50, would be cheaper with a new printer.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me post.

Saxon
Clogwog
2009-11-14 20:01:48 UTC
Post by Saxon
Hi
Any one able to help with a printer problem. I have aa Epson 830U as a
back up printer. As it is quite old I have started using compatable
cartridges. Changed both black and colour cartridges but printer is not
recognising these cartridges. Don't think the cartridges are fault as I
have tried 2 black and 2 colour. I have tried all the trouble shooting,
rebooting, disconnecting, pressing all the buttons. Any ideas?
Why do you post a hardware problem in a Windows XP discussion group, while
there are lots of hardware groups, you silly tit?
Read the fucking FAQ!
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.windows-xp/msg/9c44f7bff661960d?dmode=source&hl=en
Post by Saxon
TIA
HTH & HAND and.......GFIA!
Saxon
HTH & HAND and.......GFIA!
Clogwog
2009-11-15 09:14:51 UTC
"Saxon" the globose, febrile french-fried potato and mushy, unlovable waste
Post by Saxon
Because I could not find a News Group for printers. And apart from idiots
like yourself most people are very helpful.
Please don't top-poast and then fuck off, you guts-griping, hand-me-down
aardvark!
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
--
Clogwog, resident yap-yap dog of alt.os.windows-xp & alt.os.windows-vista
http://tinyurl.com/8yajph
Monty
2009-11-15 09:33:14 UTC
There is a newsgroup called 'alt.epson.printers'
Saxon
2009-11-15 10:21:32 UTC
Thank you for your reply. I am using BT but cannot find alt.epson.printers.
Tried google but still no newsgroup. However, I have come across a siste
"how to unclog epson print heads so heopefully I will find something. At
the moment I am trying the alcohol thatNil suggested - what a waste of my
good Gin!!
Clogwog
2009-11-16 21:58:38 UTC
Post by Saxon
Thank you for your reply. I am using BT but cannot find
alt.epson.printers. Tried google but still no newsgroup. However, I have
come across a siste "how to unclog epson print heads so heopefully I will
find something. At the moment I am trying the alcohol thatNil suggested -
what a waste of my good Gin!!
Go to comp.periphs.printers cos alt.epson.printers is a little bit hard to
access.
Most content in alt.epson.printers is cross posted to comp.periphs.printers.
Ignore Nil, he's an incompetent twat! ;-)
Nil
2009-11-16 22:29:52 UTC
"a little bit hard" = "impossible"
Jack
2009-11-17 00:17:05 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Clogwog
Go to comp.periphs.printers cos alt.epson.printers is a little bit
hard to access.
"a little bit hard" = "impossible"
No, I can access through google groups and aioe. The "problem" seems to be
uniquely _you_
Clogwog
2009-11-17 14:42:43 UTC
Post by Jack
Post by Nil
Post by Clogwog
Go to comp.periphs.printers cos alt.epson.printers is a little bit
hard to access.
"a little bit hard" = "impossible"
No, I can access through google groups and aioe. The "problem" seems to be
uniquely _you_
Some interesting questions there, I think I'm going to subscribe!
[q]
"10-24-2009, 11:57 PM;
Rowan Sylvester-Bradley

I have an application that uses an Epson TM-T88iv POS printer to print
tickets. I need to be able to display an image of the ticket on the screen.
Does anyone know if there is a driver (for Windows XP or Vista) that has a
"print to sceen" mode, or a printer simulator or emulator for this printer?

If there's a better newsgroup, forum or mailing list for this question,
please let me know.

Thanks - Rowan"
[/q]

Nil
2009-11-15 12:15:52 UTC
Not on any of the three news servers I use.
Monty
2009-11-15 20:26:30 UTC
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:15:52 +0000 (UTC), Nil
Post by Nil
Post by Monty
There is a newsgroup called 'alt.epson.printers'
Not on any of the three news servers I use.
I am with Astraweb and I downloaded 140 headers dated 29 Sep 2008 to
30 Oct 2009 before I posted my message yesterday..
Clogwog
2009-11-15 21:22:00 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Monty
There is a newsgroup called 'alt.epson.printers'
Not on any of the three news servers I use.
I am with Astraweb and I downloaded 140 headers dated 29 Sep 2008 to
30 Oct 2009 before I posted my message yesterday..
Yes, 13 NG's about "printer", 'alt.epson.printers' is one of them (aioe)
--
Clogwog, resident yap-yap dog of alt.os.windows-xp & alt.os.windows-vista
http://tinyurl.com/8yajph
Nil
2009-11-15 22:07:42 UTC
Post by Clogwog
Yes, 13 NG's about "printer", 'alt.epson.printers' is one of them (aioe)
No, alt.epson.printers is NOT on aioe. Nor is it on eternal-september,
individual.net, or Google.
Clogwog
2009-11-16 10:26:51 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Clogwog
Yes, 13 NG's about "printer", 'alt.epson.printers' is one of them (aioe)
No, alt.epson.printers is NOT on aioe. Nor is it on eternal-september,
individual.net, or Google.
In Aioe, you fool!
Nil
2009-11-16 14:13:51 UTC
Post by Clogwog
Post by Nil
No, alt.epson.printers is NOT on aioe. Nor is it on
eternal-september, individual.net, or Google.
In Aioe, you fool!
http://clog11.angelfire.com/Clipboard01.jpg
So, lets see the articles list, liar.

Clogwog
2009-11-16 15:14:07 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Clogwog
Post by Nil
No, alt.epson.printers is NOT on aioe. Nor is it on
eternal-september, individual.net, or Google.
In Aioe, you fool!
http://clog11.angelfire.com/Clipboard01.jpg
So, lets see the articles list, liar.
<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/no_printer2.png>
You thickheaded moron!
Your account is fuckered, pisshead!
lol !, it shows, old trashy slopware!
Post by Clogwog
You thickheaded moron!
Your account is fuckered, pisshead!
http://clog11.angelfire.com/Clipboard02.jpg
You're making shit up, dogfucker. That's why you can't show the
articles list.

There is no such group on aioe. Nor is there on eternal-september,
individual.net or Google.

There are no "accounts" on aioe. The server is open.
chrisv
2009-11-16 22:02:12 UTC
The brain-dead fucksplatter and ill-natured, amoebic penile wart "Nil"
*PLONK*
KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE
2009-11-16 22:06:50 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Clogwog
Post by Nil
No, alt.epson.printers is NOT on aioe. Nor is it on
eternal-september, individual.net, or Google.
In Aioe, you fool!
http://clog11.angelfire.com/Clipboard01.jpg
So, lets see the articles list, liar.
<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/no_printer2.png>
YHGM
<the obvious removed>
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
***@comcast.net
relic
2009-11-16 18:10:05 UTC
Post by Nil
Post by Clogwog
Yes, 13 NG's about "printer", 'alt.epson.printers' is one of them (aioe)
No, alt.epson.printers is NOT on aioe. Nor is it on eternal-september,
individual.net, or Google.
Google:
Groups Results 1 - 10 of about 10 for group:alt.epson.printers
Nil
2009-11-16 20:01:41 UTC
Post by relic
Groups Results 1 - 10 of about 10 for
group:alt.epson.printers
" Cannot find alt.epson.printers
There is no group named alt.epson.printers."

When doing an Advanced Search in googlegroups for any messages in that
group, with no other criteria, just two hits come up, one from Feb.
2009, the other from July 2006. But when you view the message it turns
out that those two messages were only cross-posted to that group name.
When you try to enter the group itself, Google's response is "There is
no group named alt.epson.printers."

If it ever really existed, it seems to have been removed from Google's
collection.
Clogwog
2009-11-16 21:35:05 UTC
<http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/No_Printers4.png>
When doing an Advanced Search in googlegroups for any messages in that
group, with no other criteria, just two hits come up, one from Feb.
2009, the other from July 2006. But when you view the message it turns
out that those two messages were only cross-posted to that group name.
When you try to enter the group itself, Google's response is "There is
no group named alt.epson.printers."
If it ever really existed, it seems to have been removed from Google's
collection.
lol !, your such an incompetent twit!
Go on, fuckwit, try a little harder, cos your on the official *liszt* now!
Insulting the regs in this NG is a crime and we have a real nasty moderator
in this group, to kick your butt!
The regs in AOW- XP:
Supreme Overlord: Moderator
Owner and Creator: Gazwad
resident psychic: relic
resident Shit-can Cleaner: Kadaitcha Man
Resident Redneck: sbb78247
Resident Lesbian: Dr H@£0nfire$
Resident MVP (Most Valueless Prostitute); John Holmes
resident Yap-yap Dog: clogwog

alt.epson.printers:

24.10. Print-to-screen for TM-T88iv POS Printer
Rowan Sylvester-Bradley
29.10. Re: Print-to-screen for TM-T88iv POS Printer
Peter Boulding
21.10. Windows 7 compatibility
Jimmy Mac
22.10. Re: Windows 7 compatibility
Kurt
10.10. Printing cd/dvd's
PHT
10.10. Re: Printing cd/dvd's
Lon
15.09. What printer settings to use?
Don Tuttle
26.09. Re: What printer settings to use?
Jon Gallo
16.09. Re: What printer settings to use?
Kurt
13.09. epson ink question
rb
08.09. Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Ret.
11.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
F murtz
10.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Dave Plowman
08.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Steve Firth
08.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Jan Alter
08.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Phil Stovell
08.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Ret.
08.09. Re: Genuine v. Compatible ink cartridges.
Ret.
29.08. Irritating window 'Not using genuine cartridges'
Ret.
28.09. Re: Irritating window 'Not using genuine cartridges'
Chuck
25.08. Tray icon missing
Peter Boulding
24.08. Epson sx200
Pat P
24.08. Re: Epson sx200
Kurt
27.08. Re: Epson sx200
Lon
22.08. Workforce 500 all-in-one
Out-West
07.08. Re: CHINESE FOOD AND A 12 PACK
slunky
06.08. Re: CHINESE FOOD AND A 12 PACK
<invalid
06.08. Epson C120 Head Removal
Ripr
30.07. Windows 98SE Driver for R280
Jeff
17.07. Scanning direct into Word
Bagwash
17.07. Scanning into Word
Bagwash
17.07. Re: Scanning into Word
Kurt
24.07. Re: Scanning into Word
Bagwash
25.07. Re: Scanning into Word
Lon
13.07. Stylus 600 does not print in black
Barnacle Bumpy
31.08. Re: Stylus 600 does not print in black
Ret.
01.09. Re: Stylus 600 does not print in black
Jan Alter
17.07. Re: Stylus 600 does not print in black
Kurt
15.07. Re: Stylus 600 does not print in black
Kurt
Nil
2009-11-16 22:38:35 UTC
Post by Clogwog
Go on, fuckwit, try a little harder, cos your on the official
*liszt* now! Insulting the regs in this NG is a crime and we have
a real nasty moderator in this group, to kick your butt!
You're just a pack of cards.